Roehl Safety and Job Skills Training
From operations to driving, safety and customer service, Roehl does things a little differently. We perform at a higher standard. And in the process, our drivers have earned a reputation as the best in the business. After qualification day, Safety and Job Skills Training Phase 1 will introduce you to our company, systems, procedures and career opportunities. You'll also have plenty of opportunity to refine your driving skills as you take to the road and classroom instruction will help prepare you for the next step in your career.
What to bring to orientation:
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with hazmat endorsement
- An original, raised-seal certified birth certificate.
- Social Security card
- Current passport, passport card or enhanced driver’s license.
- Direct deposit information (if you intend to have your Roehl paycheck direct deposited into your account):
- Bank address and phone number.
- A cancelled or voided check, or the bank routing number. (A deposit slip will not work.)
- Personal items:
- Clothing and hygiene items for up to 21 days (washers/dryers are available at the hotel, Roehl terminals and truck stops - you will have time for laundry). Be sure to bring warm clothing during winter months. (If you are coming to training by bus or plane, you should pack essential personal items and one change of clothes in a carry-on bag in case your checked luggage takes a detour).
- Sleeping bag or sheets, blankets and a pillow (for sleeping in the over-the-road training truck).
- Pack in a soft-sided suitcase or duffel bag. (They are easier to store in the training truck).
- Driving tools and aids:
A professional driver’s road atlas.
- A flashlight for vehicle inspections.
- A calculator.
- A notebook and pens.
- An alarm clock/watch.
- Student drivers should also bring:
- Copy of your driving school diploma.
- Copy of your school receipt.
- Eating expense money. (Allow at least $8 per meal while you are on the road.)